Company Profile

Water/House Real Estate

Water/House Real Estate is a locally owned and operated boutique real estate agency, based in the seaside town of Bridport, Tasmania and servicing Northern Tasmania. 

Serving in sales and property management, we provide skilled, superior real estate services, ranging from residential and commercial house and land sales, detailed and thorough property appraisals to attentive and comprehensive rental portfolio management and so much more.

Water/House Real Estate is a combination of highly skilled real estate professionals with a reputation for innovative and reliable business practices, strong leadership, and ongoing commitment to the community.

If you are looking for an agent, then look no further than Jodie Faulkner and the team at Water/House Real Estate.

Our Awards

Here at Water/House Real Estate we have been fortunate enough to receive some awards, those of which include

  • Rising Star Award, Jodie Faulkner 2021
  • Rate my Agent Suburb of the year 2022
  • Rate my Agent Suburb of the year 2023
  • Rate my Agent Agent of the year, Jodie Faulkner 2023
  • Rate my Agent Suburb of the year 2024
  • Rate my Agent Agent of the year, Jodie Faulkner 2024

If you’re unsure whether a particular property fits with your financial plan, you can download the listing’s property pack and contact your coach or broker to work through its suitability for your situation and goals.

If you would like to speak to an agent about a property please use the contact form in the property’s listing to contact the agent. We will call you to talk you through the purchase process.

If you’re ready to secure a particular property, please use the contact form in the property’s listing to contact the agent. We will call you to talk you through the purchase process.

Yes – it’s important that you engage a suitably qualified solicitor with conveyancing experience in property contracts.

When buying off the plan there are unique areas of expertise required when providing legal advice on properties that are yet to be built which a general conveyancing solicitor may not be experienced in. These include the timing of titles being issued, covenants, inspection challenges, timing around council consents, etc. Some solicitors offer fixed fees for these types of services.

For many townhouse developments the property will have a ‘freehold title’, where you own the land, and anything built on it. However, as you share common areas (or walls) with your neighbours it’s best to have an agreement that protects your property long into the future. A Residents’ Agreement does just that – it sets up a professionally managed Residents’ Society that helps manage and maintain the communal facilities of the development for the benefit of all owners. It will ensure the development is adequately insured and common areas are safe, clean, and well-presented.

The main requirement of the Residents’ Society is to maintain common infrastructure, such as carparking, common area maintenance of the grounds, lighting, insurance, and management of any other services required. These services are specific to each development and the Society is tailored to the requirements of each development. A schedule of services with each Residents’ Society will provide details of the services being provided by the Society.

If you are buying a unit, apartment or townhouse you will need to check if the property is strata titled and whether there is a body corporate.

Owning a strata titled property means there are different obligations to standard house and land ownership. Strata titles are governed by the Strata Titles Act 1998, which sets out the rights and responsibilities of owners and Body Corporates.

It is recommended that you review the strata plan and seek advice from your conveyancer prior to signing a contract of sale on a property that is strata titled.

The following additional resources can help provide additional information on the property purchase process;